On The 0:00..."Blitzen"
20/15 Calorie Row
10 Thrusters 115 / 85 lb
*Note: The second part of this workout starts immediately at the finish of "Blitzen".
- Conditioning Category: Threshold
- Choose a weight we could cycle for 15+ reps unbroken when fresh.
- We are looking for the first round to be compeleted unbroken, with at most a single break on each round thereafter.
- Unbroken thrusters every round is huge in this workout.
- Row at a pace that allows you to excel on the barbell today.
- Time is easily lost by taking long breaks going from one movement to the next. Get right on the rower and just start rowing each round. Let your "longer" break before you pick up the barbell. Take a couple big breaths, then attack the thrusters.
Until the 15:00...Thruster Complex
In the time remaining after finishing "Blitzen", build to a Heavy Complex:
3 Front Squats
- With the time remaining until the 15:00 cap, athletes can take as many attempts as desired to build to the heavy complex.
- In the history of the Open, we have seen similar formats, testing our technique under duress.
- Barbells come from the ground, and athletes are allowed to squat clean the first rep, counting as the first front squat in the complex.
- On the jerk, athletes choice. Push or Split.
- Aim to make your first attempt within 2 minutes of finishing part a.
- A good goal would be to get at least 2 attempts in...A safe weight and a weight you feel pretty solid about. If time allows, make a third attempt a reach weight.